Donald H. London
- Sole Practitioner
Mr. London also travels extensively within the Tri-State areas representing clients at interviews in court and not only in New York, but in Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts as well.
Regarding Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Mr. London represents primarily individuals who have excessive credit card debt or medical bills and simply cannot afford to pay these bills. Since 1994, Mr. London has filed over 1,000 Chapter 7 & 13 Bankruptcy Cases.
Involved in his local, regional and national communities, Mr. London is a member of the Westchester County Bar Association (co-chair, Immigration Law Committee), National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, American Immigration Lawyers Association, and the Yonkers Lawyers Association. Mr. London also lectures regularly on Immigration matters in various settings throughout Westchester County and New York City.
Mr. London fights for his client's rights in defending them against unscrupulous and aggressive creditors and has successfully filed over 850 Chapter 7 cases.
When Mr. London takes a case, he personally handles the case from the initial consultation through the Creditor's Meeting and Bankruptcy Discharge. Regarding Immigration services, Mr. London has successfully represented thousands of clients in obtaining their green cards, temporary work visas, asylum applications, deportation proceedings, US citizenship applications, etc. in the Tri-state area and beyond. Mr. London always returns his phone calls and takes full responsibility for all his cases.
From Donald London
"Since 1994, I have been practicing exclusively in the fields of Consumer Bankruptcy and Immigration Law. The reason I became a lawyer was to assist people in making a better life for themselves. When people find themselves in financial situations where there seems no way out, filing for bankruptcy gives them a new start and new beginning. Plenty of successful individuals have filed for bankruptcy at one time or another and life goes on. With regards to Immigration, this country's past and future successes have been based on a fair immigration system which allows the individual to achieve and positively contribute to our democratic system of government. Over the years, I have handled thousands of cases in assisting individuals to obtain green cards and am very proud of it. For each case, I conduct the initial consultation and personally get involved with each case through its conclusion. I am also an attorney who prides himself on returning phone calls. "
Areas of Practice
- Immigration & Naturalization
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- New York, 1983
- Florida, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1983
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1982
- George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1979
- Honors: Dean's List, 1977
- Major: Public & Internal Affairs
- Minor: Economics
- Immigration - Private individuals & small business
- Bankruptcy - private individuals
- US Citizenship & Immigration Overview, Yonkers Lions Club, 2012
- Consequences of Being Illegal in USA, Westchester Bar Association, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 1997 to Present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member, 2007 to Present
- Westchester County Bar Association, Member, 1998 to Present
- Westchester Immigration Committee, Co-Chair, 2010 to Present
- Yonkers Lawyers Association, Member, 1998 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Philip H. Teplen, PLLC, Legal Associate, 1994 to 1998
- Kmetz & Associates, Vice President/Project Manager, 1992 to 1994
- London & Egazarian Associates, Project Manager, 1985 to 1991
- S. Simpson Gray, P.C., Legal Associate, 1983 to 1985
Pro Bono Activities
- Preparation of US Citizenship Forms at AILA Events in NYC, 2010 to 2012
- Co-Chair of Immigration Committee at Westchester County Bar Association, 2010 to Present
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity